The secret to vehicle longevity is not a secret. If you want your car to run better, longer, and more trouble free, regular maintenance is key. We have compiled a short list of some of the most important car care tips to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape for many years to come.
- Read your owner’s manual.
- Change your oil regularly based on your manufacturer’s recommended schedule. Oil is the life-blood of your engine. Nothing can shorten engine life faster than neglecting oil changes.
- Keep your car clean! Don’t neglect to rinse the underside of your vehicle and apply UV protectants to plastics in the interior. Also, it is recommended to give your car a fresh coat of wax once before winter and once again in the spring.
- Have the cooling system flushed once per year to prevent corrosion and buildup of deposits in the cooling system.
- Change the transmission and differential fluids when required. Refer to your owner’s manual and the follow then recommended service schedule.
- Your car is a machine full of moving parts. Everything needs to stay properly lubricated to prevent early wear.
- Have your brake system bled and the fluid replaced once a year. This helps prevent corrosion which can avoid costly brake repairs.
- Keep tires properly inflated to prevent uneven tire wear and potential tire failure. Tire pressure changes in cold and warm weather so it is important to check it frequently.